Friday 27 July 2012

V diet 2: Days 26-33

Days 26-33

I've had a lot of food this week. This post will just be about that, with lots of pictures. 

For my fourth HSM, I decided to invite my friends from the gym and have one of our famous burger nights. We make our own burgers using just mince meat, salt, pepper and cheese. They are amazing. The bread and tomato ketchup are unhealthy though so I made with healthy alternatives. For bread I made "oopsie rolls". I took the recipe from here. I added ground flax seed and ground nuts so they were more bread like. I didn't have a muffin tin so I used a pizza tray and cut them up after. They were actually quite good. They could hold about 2 burgers. We were all quite surprised. For ketchup I used tomato paste, vinegar and sugar free bbq spices.That also turned out surprisingly good. 

One Big Oopsie Roll


A double burger- I had a couple of these. AMAZING!

During the weekend I was quite busy moving house so actually not having to cook worked out really well. I wasn't that hungry until about Sunday evening and then I went to sleep knowing I would eat Monday. 

So far I've lost 9 lbs. That doesn't sound a lot to lose in 4 weeks but I only lost 12 lbs the first time and you do lose less the second time. Physically I can see the difference and rather annoyingly my trousers keep falling down. I recorded my weight every day, always before going to the gym but after going for a wee and of course always naked. 

Weight Chart
It is recommended that you don't weigh yourself everyday as the fluctuations can drive you crazy but as I had done the diet once before I decided to go for it and thought it might be interesting. 

The fluctuations and the weight loss slow down in weeks 5 and 6 when you start eating. Unfortunately, due to some practical implications I can't keep this going in weeks 5 and 6. I will keep an eye on the weight though.

For day 29 I had another burger with the left over meat from before and then days 30 and 31 I had a Prawn & Salmon Avocado salad. It was very filling and satisfying. 

Salmon, Prawn and Avocado Salad with Paprika

Day 32: We went to the pub. I was quite worried about this. I especially hate asking the waitress to change a set menu, i.e ask for Salad instead of chips but I thought I might as well go for it. It turned out really well and I got ham, eggs and salad with a green salad. 


Ham, eggs and Salad with wholegrain mustard

I'm assuming there isn't any sugar in the mustard, or at least not much. 

Day 33: I'm going out for a small posh work dinner tonight. The set menu we are all getting is:
Starters: Fig and Goat Cheese Salad
Main: Roast Beef with Mushrooms and Potatoes
Dessert: Creme Brulee
Drinks: Red Wine

I'm going to have to be careful with the Potatoes and Creme Brulee. I'm going to drink my 3rd shake only an hour before the dinner so hopefully I won't be too hungry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment