Thursday 16 August 2012

Vdiet 2: Days 38-40

Day 38

We had tickets for another event at the Olympic games today. Another early morning start, which kinda sucked but it wasn't as bad as last time. We got to the entrance and everything was going smoothly. As I walked through security I remembered that my protein shake was in my brothers bag. I then heard him call me over... The security guard was holding the bag of protein and apparently the fact that my brother said it wasn't his didn't help....I explained to the security man that it was "vanilla protein with some other shit like amino acids..." and took a taste to show it was safe. He asked me what made me think to bring protein to the games. I decided not to tell him that I was on a crazy diet and I just said that it helps me so I'm not hungry and it was going to be a long day. Fortunately he let me through based on that. In all honesty, I'm not sure I would've let me through if I were in his position and saw some white powder in a bag even if it was in a protein shaker. 

Lunch: Bacon, sausages eggs, mushrooms




Dinner Pheasant


I got home and had my favourite lunch- breakfast- see picture above. Dinner was pretty amazing too. Someone gave my mum some pheasants so she cooked them for us. I think she roasted them with some wine, celery and bacon. The bacon was particularly tasty!

Day 39

Leftover pheasant with salad
Pheasant is really tasty! I had it again on this day. I don't have much else to add. It was quite a busy day. I had another meal too but I forgot to photograph it. Sorry. 

Day 40

I spent the day out in London with my dad and my brother. It was quite difficult to find somewhere that would satisfy my requirements but also satisfy my dad's need for a sandwich. Finally, we went to Pret-a-manger. I think as far as places go, Pret isn't too bad. They always have salads and the dressing comes in a tub which means you can chose not to eat it all. The website gives the carb count of the salad I had as 2.3g and an additional 2.3g for the dressing. Obviously if you wanted to be very strict you wouldn't have any dressing but I think a little bit is ok and tastes really good. 

Salad from Pret

Meat balls with salad
After the long day I came home and mum decided to cook meatballs. She normally does them with grated potato and bread so they stick together better. I had told her that I don't want to eat potato or bread so I'd rather just have mince meat. She said that was fine. Whilst eating I commented on how they were very impressive given they had no bread in them. She replied "Oh they have some toast crumbs". This sparked off a huge argument. I couldn't understand how she thought bread was bad but toast was fine and she couldn't understand how I thought bread was bad but oil is ok. It turns out in the end she only used a pinch of toasted breadcrumbs (less than 5g) so it probably won't make a difference. I was just a bit annoyed about the whole thing. I guess this is just another difficulty of being at home that comes with the perks of eating pheasant and the such like. 



No comments:

Post a Comment