Wednesday 22 August 2012

V Diet 2: Days 41-42

Day 41

These are the last two days of the diet and this was my last day in London. I had my normal big breakfast- sorry I forgot to take pictures this time. 

I really wanted to see some friends. We used to get a lot of take away meals when we were younger but chinese and pizza are big no-nos on the v-diet so I had to arrange something else. I enjoyed the Greek Cypriot food I was having at home and wanted to continue it. I spoke to my friend who suggested a good restaurant near his house, where we could order. I ordered souvlakia (skewered pork), sheftalia (sausage) and pastourma (spicy sausage). I obviously didn't eat the pitta bread.  

Souvlaki and Sheftalia in Pitta, Pastourma portion above

That evening we played poker at his brothers house. Not drinking was very hard and I felt a bit awkward asking for diet coke when everyone else was drinking regular coke or beers but the host was very welcoming. I did take a sip out of my friends liquor as he really wanted me to try it and a sip wasn't going to make any difference. It was a nice drink but I wasn't tempted to buy a bottle.

Day 42

Last day on the diet and I left London. I had a good breakfast and I had planned a bbq with my housemates so I knew that was going to be high in protein. I was quite surprised that when I got home my housemates had baked sh*t loads of cake! Isn't a bbq a great excuse for lots of meat? I'm a bit confused about the sheer amount of cake. It felt more like a tea and cake party rather than a bbq. I went straight to the shops and bought lots of meat for that evening (and the rest of the week). 

Some BBQ- Ignore the corn for the veggies...

The barbecue was really good fun and I wasn't tempted by the cake. I did have a lot of chicken and sausages. We did have a lot of meat leftover. People seem happy to bring food and not eat it. I really don't understand that but I'm not complaining. Its not like too much meat is ever a problem for me.

I'll write up my final summary next in my last post next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment