Monday 25 June 2012

V Diet 2: Days 0-1

Day 0


I woke up early to collect everything I need for the diet. It was a lot! Every now and again I would look at it and think 'fuck, this is insane!'. 

At about 1pm I had everything ready to put into bags. The idea is to have 1 bag for each shake and you take 5 shakes everyday for 6 weeks. It took about 6 hours to do it. By the end I was covered in crap and my room stank of protein flavourings. It wasn't all bad though, I got to watch 6 hours of tv- a lot of 'The Simpsons' and I saw 'The Three Musketeers' - the book is much better. Packing with a group of friends last time was much much more fun!

Later, I went for my last solid meal for the next week. I decided it had to be
1. Unhealthy
2. A lot of it
3. Not enjoyable. 
4. Something I would normally crave. 

The point was that I would eat soooo much of what I would normally crave that I'll never want to see it again and so wouldn't crave it on the diet. I decided Chinese was the best option and ordered the meal before.   


Chinese food: no idea what exactly, the owner recommended it

I certainly did a good job- white processed rice (bad carbs), the sauces (lots of sugar and probably white flour), spring rolls (pastry) in addition to unhealthy fats all over.....I ate all of it up. I hated myself by the end of it...success!

Day 1


I woke up at 6.45am. Last week I was going to sleep at that time. I got everything ready to have that first shake. As soon as I started tasted it lots of memories came flooding back. Weirdly it wasn't the nice happy ones of being relieved of hunger, no it was memories of having to hide the shakes and drinking them alone whilst everyone else was eating lunch. 

I went straight to the gym and did the new work out. Surprisingly it wasn't as bad as two weeks ago. 

Since the first v-diet I've started eating a salad every lunch time. I really wanted a salad today. The rest of the day was fine. I wasn't really hungry most of the day. Little things were annoying like, I want milk in my tea. I guess there are bigger problems to come...

1 comment:

  1. I think I should clarify what I mean by white rice being bad carb. White rice is much much better than sugary carbs and bread. But it isn't as good as brown rice or wild rice and this is a big portion at night time when I don't really need them.

    ReplyDelete